Monday, March 28, 2011

Technical Writing

Technical Writing is Another form of writing in communication studies.
Media Technology can be an on-line documentation, it can be word processing,audience analysis, computer aided instruction or an instructional video. In the field of communication technical writing can be found in business, and areas that are organizational, written, scientific and or task oriented. Much of technical writing is the breaking down of words that are clear and concise and are straight to the point. We read them in instructional manuals for our cars, cook books and or technical writings found a lot in the military sector. The theory of technical writing is in the form of visual, textual, reading, linguistically and communication.
here is an example of an essay written by Alice Delp, addressing the United States Army. The letter is formatted as an e-mail or letter and is considered to emphases word order to depict technical writing. Much of technical writing is less emotions and more logic, and factual.
________________________________________________________________________________


TO:                 12th  Transportation Battalion Headquarters
                                  Sicily, Italy

FROM:           Office Of Inspector General

DATE:            January 3, 2011


My purpose of writing to you is to find a solution to a lack of leadership in the United States Army. This letter is directed toward the Transportation Battalion stationed in Sicily, Italy. During my years of service, I have experienced, harassment, sexual harassment, and a lack of leadership in my immediate unit.

The power and influence for each solder in the United States army is to have a mission statement of morale and a code of ethics. Being a member of any Military Branch is to show one’s loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, integrity, and personal courage. The values and attitudes of each member should be approached with leadership challenges and key elements to solving issues.

I have used my chain of command with my complaints with harassment, sexual harassment, unprofessional work environment and friendly fire issues and I have received no resolve. I have written numerous letters and spoken to many about my issues including my local chaplain who has also gone against me. I do believe that because of being a woman, and educated I have bee ostracized, and set apart from others. My mission is to service my country and those around me is filled with great discouragement.

The superiors above me have continued to break me down mentally, set me up with mental games and have continued to build there own empire. I have not been able to attend school, I have been told that they way I walk, speak and move with mannerism are wrong. I’m continuasly analyzed every day and set for amusement for there pleasure. I’m not treated as a human being or as a service member serving my country. I have been trained to do a job and do not work.

This letter of complaint is to investigate my situation further and to ensue my rights as a solder with equal opportunity. If there are no leaders to lead, and those that tear others down, they should not be in a position of power and influence if it is not done, ethically, or morally sane.

I do honor and respect the United States Army, but I do not look up to those that I serve with, since they are not allowing others and myself to live a healthy life. As a solder with rights, I have freedom of expression and wish this matter to be resolved.
My correspondence with Inspector General and those solders in my unit have collected similar reports as to other situations that harm other services members as well.  Section 3:1 from Regulation Reference Guide (IG Handbook) states: “to assist leaders and commanders in properly executing their duties in accordance with Army Regulations”. Please assist me in bringing the Army back into a leadership role, where it has failed as to the respect of individuals in service.

                                                            T:<Earl_Denelik@usag.army.mil
                                                            CC: alicescolors22@me.com
1/8/2011  7:45 AM                                   Subject: United States Army Inspector General


Sincerely,

Alice Delp
Professor of Communication Studies
Ashford University
300 West Lane Road,
Ramona, CA 92065
(619)322-4052
alicescolors22@me.com



No comments:

Post a Comment